Wednesday 14 August 2013

Red and White Polka Dots with Black Metallic Lampwork beads

I'm still dealing with my polka dot obsession with no end in sight.  I think it's like contemporary art for me right now, just something so clean and simple about a dot (or dots).  This time using Effetre White, Effetre Red Purple, Effetre Black Metallic and CIM Sangre.  The Sangre beads are the 3 large disc beads and they are a luscious shade of semi-translucent, nail polish red. Effetre Black Metallic is another one of those glasses that can vary a lot from batch to batch. This one went heavy metallic on me to the point where the beads look almost electroplated.

There's quite a few focal sized beads in this set and they can be kind of hard to photograph since they all want to be the centre of attention.  I've used a great graphite bead shaper from Pegasus Lampwork tools for the large pin shaped bead, the egg shape, and the ornate tiered bead.  
I didn't think of it this time but next time I make a set of focal beads, I'm going to use a larger mandrel so that the beads will fit onto 2mm chains.  These beads will fit onto leather cord but wouldn't make it over the chain ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment