Wednesday 17 July 2013

Effetre Light Chestnut Brown and CIM Dried Sage

A new set of beads more in the earth tones than I've been using lately.  I only made these about a week ago and already I'm having trouble remembering which glasses I used.  I'm fairly certain that the light greyish colour is CIM Dried Sage although when I look at it now I think, wow that's really grey, did I use a grey glass?  I'm pretty sure it is Dried Sage so I'm sticking with that.  Other colours used are Effetre Light Chestnut (this is the amazing warm brown colour that looks like a ceramic glaze), Effetre Sage Green which is a greenish taupe, Effetre Red Roof Tile, Effetre Dark Grey opaque and Effetre Grey transparent.  The beads have a nice earthy, tribal feel and would look great with many of the jasper stones and darkened silver.
On a technical note, I'm finding that a lot of the newer CIM glasses don't like to be encased.  In this set, I encased the Dried Sage with the Effetre transparent grey and got mosaic cracking throughout.  I've had similar problems with CIM Sand Dollar, Linen and don't even get me started about Coconut Milk (do not encase Coconut Milk).  It's kind of funny because these are all neutral, ivory-type glasses and not the kind of colours that typically cause problems like orange and yellow but I've even tried remaking beads just to make sure and they cracked both times.  I think I'll stick with the neutral Effetre colours as a base from now on because I hate remaking beads when they crack.  They never seem as nice the second time around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment