Saturday 27 July 2013

Girlie Pink Lampwork Beads with Polka Dots

Well, you don't get much more girlie than a bunch of pink and white beads with polka dots (and a few hits of orange just for fun).  I have to say that I just love polka dots right now.  They seem to have a clean, almost contemporary feel while at the same time being a heck of a lot of fun.  This set is made with Effetre and CIM glasses including Effetre Dark Pink Alabastro, Rose Opalino, Rubino, Dark Pink Pastel, Sunset, White, and Transparent.  On the CIM end I've used, Gelly Sty, Pink Champagne, and Blush. This is 7 different shades of pink  with various matching polka dots.  I love how the Sunset, which is a layered rod of glass with pink, orange, and white, creates these textured, two-tone dots.
These are the kind of beads that you can either go completely kitschy with by using bright oranges, pink, and whites or get sophisticated with Bali silver and more subdued neutral accents.  I've also got a set of matching wheel shaped beads that I will be listing separately that has all the same pinks and other colours, but no polka dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment