Saturday 27 July 2013

CIM Linen, Adobe, Peachy Keen, and Ginger Lampwork beads


Another set of soft, pale, warm toned neutral colours.  I think my favourite part of this set is how the CIM Linen, a pale, slightly greenish beige works with the CIM Adobe which is a very soft, warm terracotta colour.  Really you could wear these colours with almost anything and they are perfect for summer tans and bright white t-shirts.  The disc beads, which are a juicy peach colour in natural lighting are made with a core of CIM Peaches & Cream which has been encased in Peachy Keen.

I had a small problem with cracking on one bead (which didn't make it into the set, of course) but I think it was my fault since the bead wasn't even encased.  However, I would strongly recommend NOT encasing Linen.  I think there are beads where it might work but I've had a couple crack on me several days after coming out of the kiln so I think it's a bit risky.  It's is beautiful as a base colour and very nice to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment