Sunday 15 September 2013

CIM Cookie Dough and Hazelnut Mouse and Nutmeg

Another set of beads made mostly with Creation is Messy glass.  I'm going to have to start using some of my other glass just to be fair.  This set turned into a creamy confectionery of pastel strawberry pink, milk chocolate brown and hints of sweet nougat.  I'm working on my fine lines which still need some practice but they are starting to come out the way I intended.

These are the largest beads I've ever made and I realized that it is harder to make large beads.  So much surface area to work with and it takes a lot of time to form and decorate.  However, they do look very pretty strung as a single bead on a chain or a cord.  I'm also trying to put out beads with larger holes so that they can be easily strung on chains or cords.

Three new glass colours used in this set are Cookie Dough, Hazelnut Mousse, and Nutmeg.  Nutmeg turned out a bit paler than I expected but it is a beautiful pastel terracotta colour.  Cookie Dough and Hazelnut Mousse are gorgeous neutral colours.  It's hard to tell them apart in rod form but I found when melted that Cookie Dough was a darker, rich tan colour and Hazelnut Mouse was a creamy bisque colour.
They're all great colours to work with, melting easily with no bubbling or shocking.  I will definitely be looking to stock up on these colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment