Friday 14 February 2014

CIM Antique Lace, CIM Muskmelon, CIM Cake Batter, CIM Green Tea, CIM Alley Cat, CIM Weimaraner, CIM Raindrop

I just got a whole new batch of glass with some relatively new colours from Creation is Messy.  So pretty.  This set contains CIM Antique Lace, Muskmelon, Cake Batter, Green Tea, Alley Cat, Weimaraner, and Raindrop and a little bit of Effetre Pale Aqua.  I really like these colours and even more, I love how they work together.  Nice clean lines, little to no reaction or fuzzing.  And a soft spring-like palette.
These are the disc beads that belong to this set; starting from the left is Muskmelon, Antique Lace, and Cake Batter repeating in that order to the end.  Soft, whispy pastels with hints of green and pink.  I had a little bit of shocking with the Muskmelon but it seemed localized to one rod so it might have just been an odd air pocket or something.  Alley Cat is a wonderful, intense orange that was a joy to work with and Weimaraner is a dark, slate grey with hints of blue.  Green Tea is a lovely, lovely green.  I usually tend towards the olive or sage greens and am not always a fan of the brighter, true greens but this one is so pretty that I couldn't even etch it.  Raindrop is a medium transparent grey.  It looks a little purple to me in rod form but after melting seemed to lose that and become a fairly neutral grey.  It seemed to me to be a good match to the Weimaraner.
Oops, I almost forgot Cake Batter.  This colour reminds me of Butter Pecan Unique #4 in that it is a very pale, off-white with hints of greenish yellow.  It is a wonderful base colour and works so well when you want something a little more mellow than white.

No comments:

Post a Comment