Sunday 30 March 2014

Feeling very Pastel-y


I have a real thing for pastels and neutrals.  As much as I love colour, there is just something about a pale, smokey colour that I find incredibly appealing.  Not so much what I would call "baby" pastels which are colours with tons of white mixed in but take the same colour and throw in a drop of black for that misty effect and I'm there.  Now many people looking at the above set would wonder why I'm calling bright yellow a pastel.  Well, it's not really but I have a tendency to read yellow as a neutral and when paired with these other creamy neutral beiges the overall effect seems very clean and neutral (to me anyway).  The pictures are a little darker than real life (I'm still playing around with Adobe Light Room and haven't quite achieved the effects I'm looking for but am still much happier with the pictures than I was before - thanks, Holly) but they still give a good idea of how these colours blend together.





Once I started I couldn't stop and ended up with even more shady pastels in this set.



Soft pastels in blue and green mixed with warm vanilla latte beige and a chalky beige brightened with a blast of yellow.  I could not like this colour combination anymore if I tried.  And I think the beads look amazing all strung together.


They have a really simple but summery look to me; a leather cord and a simple spacer and a clasp and away you go.  For the record, these sets are made with CIM Vanilla Latte, CIM Antique Lace, CIM Dirty Martini, CIM Sepia Unique, Effetre Misty Blue, and Effetre Medium Lemon Yellow.

Hey, quick new note here.  I noticed when loading my pictures onto Blogger that they seemed much darker than the original.  A quick internet search found the reason, Google is auto-enhancing my pictures which to them seems to mean making them darker.  I went to setting and turned this off and low and behold my pictures are back to normal (still not quite right but much better).  Here's a link for anyone with the same problem:

Remodelando la Casa: Dark pictures in Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment