Saturday 12 April 2014

Bright, Spring-y slightly Easter-y

First off, I really didn't set out to make an "Easter" set of beads but I seem to have done it whether I meant to or not.  Second, I should really know better than to assume that the colour of a glass rod will have any resemblance to how that glass looks when it's melted.  And third, opal glass doesn't really etch all that well.

These colours looked different enough in rod form to make me think I was creating more of a "batik" style of bead.  They all melted a little brighter than I expected and changed my batik to an Easter especially the orange colour.  This is CIM Creamsicle Unique 2 and in rod form it looks like a slightly orangey yellow.  Once melted, it became a slightly yellowy orange which might not seem like a big shift but really changed the look of these beads.

This lovely pink colour is Reichenbach Opal Raspberry.  This colour changes a bit depending on your light source.  It looks much bluer in natural light and much oranger in indoor lighting.  This makes it somewhat hard to photograph since studio lights are very very bright incandescent lights which give this pink a very warm hue.  The good thing is that it's a lovely colour either way so you can go too far wrong.


As for the rest of the colours, we have CIM African Gray (a warm, almost chocolate gray), CIM Elphaba (a medium tone, neutral green), and Effetre Sky Blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment