Sunday 22 February 2015

Transparent Purple Effetre Ink Blue and CIM Ink Blot

I'm in a bit of a transparent purple mood.  Something about very dark transparent colours layered with tons and tons of clear glass just seems to have a very clean, elegant look.  I'm also experimenting a little with sizes and shapes and working on my fine stringer.  Not as good as I'd like to be yet but not horrible either.  This set is made with Effetre Ink Blue which is the brighter purple and CIM Ink Blot which is the darker, slightly bluish purple.  Both are lovely glasses and very easy to work with.  
This set is made with Effetre Ink Blue transparent, Effetre Medium Yellow Green and CIM Dirty Martini.  The encased dot beads turned out pretty nice and the stringer designs need a little more work but aren't bad.  I've layered the transparent purple 2 or 3 times from the bottom of some of the beads to get a gradient effect which I really like ( you can see it much better on the left most bead in the below picture).

No comments:

Post a Comment