Sunday 23 June 2013

New beads..at last

 
 
I finally made some new beads yesterday for the first time in about two weeks.  Not really sure why I've been so blah about making beads but it's been hard to get myself motivated.  I practically had to chain myself to my work station to make these and it felt like a struggle for every beads which is not normal.  Usually I love to sit down and mix colours and styles and see what pops up.  Anyway for all the effort it cost me I think this set turned out quite pretty.  I'm calling them "Peppermint Creams" because they remind me of those sweet, sugary mints that just dissolve in your mouth.
 
 
These beads are made with 3 lovely glasses.  The first is a limited run glass from CiM (Creation is Messy) called Sand Dollar.  This is a beautiful pale, opaque grey glass with hints of beige.  Depending on the light, it could also be called a very pale taupe.  Next is an odd lot glass from Vetrofond called Lemon Meringue light which is a lovely pale yellow that tends to blush to a darker lemon yellow.  You can see this most clearly in the little disc beads and the dots on the rounds.  Finally, one of my favourite glasses is dark lavender from Effetre.  A vibrant transparent purple that works wonderfully with these paler pastels.
 
 
 
All in all a pretty set of beads, kind of sweet and sugary and hopefully the start of some regular beading on my part.





No comments:

Post a Comment